All submissions will be processed through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org)
CLICK HERE to go to our CaFÉ listing
Need help with the submission process — scroll to the bottom of this page for downloadable PDFs.
Need help deciding which works to submit — this came to our attention
Pick Me, Pick Me: Tips for getting your work into juried shows
— a blog post by Sylvia White CLICK HERE TO VIEW
The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati is the oldest existing Woman’s Art Club operating without interruption in the United States. Distinguished early members include Bessie Wessel, Elizabeth Nourse, and founders Dixie Seldon and Henrietta Wilson.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase fine art works produced by women from Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. The focus of the jurying process will be on craftsmanship, color, and composition with an emphasis upon diversity in style and subject. Computer-generated art will not be accepted.
Juror: Dennis Harrington earned a BFA in Painting and Printmaking from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. He holds an MFA in Painting and Drawing from the University of Cincinnati-College of Design, Art & Architecture. Dennis is the current director of the Alice F. and Harris K. Weston Art Gallery (Cincinnati) .
Juror: Keri Ann Wolfe earned a BFA from the University of Rio Grande. As Director of Exhibitions at the Dairy Barn Arts Center Keri Ann manages their four gallery spaces and leads the renowned biennial Quilt National Exhibition (contemporary quilts from around the world).
Judge: Marie Rigney is an Independent Art Consultant and Curator. Her 35 years of experience has been invaluable in developing both local and international artists. Previously Art Director at Closson’s Art Gallery, Marie has most recently been Art Consultant at the Eisele Gallery of Fine Art in Cincinnati.
Eligibility: Women only. Must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky.
Please Note — accepted artwork must be hand delivered and retrieved.
Awards total more than $3500
Best of Show Award — $1500
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: March 6, 2024 — tinyurl.com/APPLY131
Exhibition Runs April 7 – 28, 2024
Reception & Awards Presentation is Sunday, April 7 | 1 – 4 PM
for up to two entries but only one may be accepted
$50 — Woman’s Art Club Members (dues payment must be up-to-date)
$65 — Non-members
Pay Entry Fee online at time of submission or pay by check to WACC. Checks must be received by March 6, 2024. Mail to: WACC-AJE, 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont OH 45227
- Entries are digital and must be submitted online at CaFÉ — tinyurl.com/APPLY131
- Fee Payment — CaFÉ website at time of entry submission or by check made out to WACC as noted above. Checks must be received by February 29, 2024 in order for submission entry to be eligible for the competition/exhibition. Artists will be notified when checks are received.
- All work must be of original concept and design.
Work created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to, workshops and art classes, are not considered original artwork.
- Maximum entries, two (2); however, only one (1) may be accepted. (Entrance fee is the same for one or two entries.)
- Work must be for sale. Not-For-Sale (NFS) works will not be accepted. A 20% commission from sales will be required by the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati (WACC).
- Work must have been created within the last 3 years and not have previously been shown in any juried exhibition.
- Frames are required for most 2-D pieces — exceptions are gallery & museum wrap stretched canvases that are at least 1.5” deep, showing no bare or stapled edges; wall-mounted pieces designed to be displayed without frames (for example: fabric pieces, works on panels, wall sculptures; and 2-D glass art, etc.) All works must be hand-delivered and ready-to-hang with all appropriate hanging hardware. Saw-tooth hangers are not appropriate and will not be accepted.
- Size of wall art, including frame, must not exceed 40″ x 40″.
- Sculpture, glass, and other 3-D art work must be of a measurement to be exhibited atop a pedestal measuring 20″x20″x39″.
- Small items such as jewelry must include display props.
- Photography entries cannot be digitally enhanced, manipulated or altered. Entries must be appropriately matted, framed, and wired for hanging.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered and retrieved. No shipped works will be accepted.
Liabilities and Responsibilities: All entries will be made at the risk of the entrant. Care and caution will be exercised in the handling of all art work. Neither WACC nor The Barn may be held responsible for loss or damage. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.