Historic Barns of Ohio Event
Gorman Heritage Farm
Saturday, July 31
11 AM — 2 PM
Club Member Claire Long invites you to join in welcoming artist and author Dr. Robert Kroeger to Gorman Heritage Farm – on Saturday, July 31 – as he presents his stories and experience from his Ohio Barn Project, during which he painted historic barns in all 88 counties in Ohio. The History Press recently published Historic Barns of Ohio, a book that includes images – 64 in color – of each of the county barn paintings, along with an essay about the barn or the nearby area. The book has been selected to be in the prestigious Ohioana Book Festival in late April.
Your ticket to this event includes:
• the opportunity to observe Dr. Kroeger’s painting process (palette knife in thick impasto oil) during a demonstration painting (11am-2pm). A painting will be completed during this event, and will be raffled off.
• a guided history tour of Gorman Heritage Farm (offered between 11am-1pm),
• barn stories presented by Dr. Kroeger(1-2pm),
• seating for a picnic lunch,
• and the opportunity to have your copy of the book signed by the author.