All submissions will be processed through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org)
CLICK HERE to go to our CaFÉ listing
Need help with the submission process — scroll to the bottom of this page for downloadable PDFs.
Need help deciding which works to submit — this came to our attention
Pick Me, Pick Me: Tips for getting your work into juried shows
— a blog post by Sylvia White CLICK HERE TO VIEW
The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati is the oldest existing Woman’s Art Club operating without interruption in the United States. Distinguished early members include Bessie Wessel, Elizabeth Nourse, and founders Dixie Seldon and Henrietta Wilson.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase fine art works produced by women from Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. The focus of the jurying process will be on craftsmanship, color, and composition with an emphasis upon diversity in style and subject. Computer-generated art will not be accepted.
Juror: Jennifer Purdum teaches drawing, color theory, and printmaking at Miami (Ohio) University. She has taught printmaking in the Czech Republic and has lectured as a visiting artist at universities and colleges around the country. Jennifer’s Exodus Print Series is part of the permanent collection included in Printmaking Today at the Cincinnati Art Museum. Jennifer has exhibited internationally and nationally, including at the Weston Art Gallery in Cincinnati.
Juror: David C. Smith is an art educator, consultant, and dealer based in Cincinnati Ohio. Mr. Smith received a Masters in Fine Arts from Kean University in New Jersey. His gallery experience includes management of the Robert Miller Gallery, New York City and the Marta Hewitt gallery in Cincinnati. Currently he owns and operates the Eisele Gallery in Mariemont, known for its focus on 19th and 20th century American painting in addition to modern and contemporary artworks.
Judge: Dr. Julie Aronson has served as Curator of American Paintings, Sculpture and Drawings at the Cincinnati Art Museum since 1999. She was on the curatorial team that produced the permanent collection display The Cincinnati Wing: The Story of Art in the Queen City, and edited and co-authored the companion publication. Dr. Aronson’s professional experience includes positions at the National Gallery of Art and the Smithsonian Museum of American Art.
Eligibility: Women only. Must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky.
Please Note — accepted artwork must be hand delivered and retrieved.
Awards total more than $3500
Best of Show Award — $1500
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: February 28, 2023 — tinyurl.com/APPLY130
Exhibition Runs April 1 – 30, 2023
Reception & Awards Presentation is Saturday, April 8 | 1 – 3 PM
for up to two entries but only one may be accepted
$50 — Woman’s Art Club Members (dues payment must be up-to-date)
$65 — Non-members
Pay Entry Fee online at time of submission or pay by check to WACC. Checks must be received by February 28, 2023. Mail to: WACC-AJE, 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont OH 45227
- Entries are digital and must be submitted online at CaFÉ — tinyurl.com/APPLY130
- Fee Payment — CaFÉ website at time of entry submission or by check made out to WACC as noted above. Checks must be received by February 28, 2023 in order for submission entry to be eligible for the competition/exhibition. Artists will be notified when checks are received.
- All work must be of original concept and design.
Work created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to, workshops and art classes, are not considered original artwork.
- Maximum entries, two (2); however, only one (1) may be accepted. (Entrance fee is the same for one or two entries.)
- Work must be for sale. Not-For-Sale (NFS) works will not be accepted. A 20% commission from sales will be required by the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati (WACC).
- Work must have been created within the last 3 years and not have previously been in a juried exhibition.
- Frames are required for most 2-D pieces — exceptions are gallery & museum wrap stretched canvases that are at least 1.5” deep, showing no bare or stapled edges; wall-mounted pieces designed to be displayed without frames (for example: fabric pieces, works on panels, wall sculptures; and 2-D glass art, etc.) All works must be hand-delivered and ready-to-hang with all appropriate hanging hardware. Saw-tooth hangers are not appropriate and will not be accepted.
- Size of wall art, including frame, must not exceed 40″ x 40″.
- Sculpture, glass, and other 3-D art work must be of a measurement to be exhibited atop a pedestal measuring 20″x20″x39″.
- Photography entries cannot be digitally enhanced, manipulated or altered. Entries must be appropriately matted, framed, and wired for hanging.
- Small items such as jewelry must include display props.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered and retrieved. No shipped works will be accepted.
Liabilities and Responsibilities: All entries will be made at the risk of the entrant. Care and caution will be exercised in the handling of all art work. Neither WACC nor The Barn may be held responsible for loss or damage. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
ONLINE — CaFÉ via THEIR PayPal Portal
— Pay through the CaFÉ PayPal portal using any major credit or debit card.
You do not need a PayPal account to make the online payment at CaFÉ and you should not not send payment via PayPal or any other application outside CaFÉ’s portal.
BY CHECK — DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF CHECKS is FEBRUARY 28, 2023
if payment is not received by February 28th your entry will not be eligible for consideration
— Make check payable to WACC and mail to WACC-AJE, 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont, OH 45227
DEADLINE: February 28 for CaFÉ Entry and FEES PAID
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATIONS by email : March 13
Tuesday, March 28
— 4 – 6 PM
Wednesday, March 29
— 10 AM – 12 PM
April 1 – 30, 2023
— 10 AM – 2 PM
Saturday & Sunday
— 1 – 4 PM
Saturday, April 8
— 1 – 3 PM
— 2:00 PM
Sunday, April 30
— 4 – 6 PM
Artwork remaining at The Barn after May 27, 2023 becomes the property of the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati.
NEED HELP WITH THE PROCESS AT CAFÉ?
Download any or all of the following PDFs
How to Register and Create an Account at CAFÉ. If you have a CaFÉ account, just sign in and skip this step.
— Cafe – Step 1
Register & Create Account
How to Upload Images to Your Account at CAFÉ
— Cafe – Step 2
How to Submit Your Application for this exhibition
— Cafe – Step 3
Apply & Submit Application