All submissions will be processed through CaFÉ (CallForEntry.org)
CLICK HERE — to go to our CaFÉ listing
Need help with the submission process — scroll to the bottom of this page for downloadable PDFs.
The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati is the oldest existing Woman’s Art Club operating without interruption in the United States. Distinguished early members include Bessie Wessel, Elizabeth Nourse, and founders Dixie Seldon and Henrietta Wilson.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase fine art works produced by women from Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. The focus of the jurying process will be on craftsmanship, color, and composition with an emphasis upon diversity in style and subject. Computer-generated art will not be accepted.
Juror: This exhibition will be selected by Beth Clary Schwier. Ms. Schwier is an Indiana artist and teacher whose work has been described as Impressionist and Expressionist. Her long list of awards includes Best of Show at the 40th Annual Indiana Heritage Arts Juried Exhibition
Judge: Professor Elizabeth Neal will select award winners. Ms. Neal is an Assistant Professor of Studio Art at Thomas More University, and Gallery Director of the College’s, Eva G. Farris Gallery. Her work includes commercial design and fine art that has been acquired in national and regional private collections.
Eligibility: Women only. Must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky. Please Note — accepted artwork must be hand delivered.
Awards total more than $3500
Best of Show Award — $1500
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: FEB 28, 2020 — tinyurl.com/127CAFE
Exhibition Runs April 5 – 26, 2020
Reception & Awards Presentation
Sunday, April 5 | 2 – 4:30 PM
for up to two entries but only one may be accepted
$50 — WACC members
$65 — Non-members
Pay Entry Fee online at time of submission or pay by check to WACC. Checks must be received by February 28, 2020. Mail to: WACC-AJE, 6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont OH 45227
- Entries are digital and must be submitted online at CaFÉ — tinyurl.com/127CAFE
- Fee Payment — CaFÉ website at time of entry submission or by check made out to WACC as noted above. Checks must be received by February 28, 2020, in order for submission entry to be eligible for the competition/exhibition. Artists will be notified when checks are received.
- All work must be of original concept and design.
Work created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to, workshops and art classes, are not considered original artwork.
- Maximum entries, two (2); however, only one (1) may be accepted. (Entrance fee is the same for one or two entries.)
- Work must be for sale. Not-For-Sale (NFS) works will not be accepted. A 20% commission from sales will be required by the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati (WACC).
- Work must have been created within the last 3 years and not have previously been in a juried exhibition.
- Frames Frames are required for most 2-D pieces — exceptions are gallery-wrap stretched canvas showing no bare or stapled edges, wall-mounted pieces designed to be displayed without frames (for example: fabric pieces, works on panels, wall sculptures, 2-D glass art, etc.) All works must be delivered ready-to-hang with all appropriate hanging hardware — saw-tooth hangers are not appropriate and will not be accepted.
- Size of wall art, including frame, must not exceed 40″ x 40″.
- Sculpture, glass, and other 3-D art work must be of a measurement to be exhibited atop a pedestal measuring 20″x20″x39″.
- Photography entries cannot be digitally enhanced, manipulated or altered.
- Small items such as jewelry must include display props.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered and retrieved. No shipped works will be accepted.
Liabilities and Responsibilities: All entries will be made at the risk of the entrant. Care and caution will be exercised in the handling of all art work. Neither WACC nor The Barn may be held responsible for loss or damage. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.